Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) seeks a Vice President for Enrollment Management to lead this unique and diverse institution of higher education to its next level of enrollment growth, marketing and branding engagement, and student service and success.
MCNY is a not-for-profit, independent and coeducational institution of higher education for highly motivated adult learners committed to transforming their lives and their communities. MCNY serves over 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students at its Manhattan and Bronx campuses, offering year-round accelerated degree programs with convenient schedules and strategically included distance-learning components for added flexibility.
Founded on the belief that students learn best when they understand the Purpose for their learning, MCNY's students make the connection between what they are learning in the classroom and the ability to transform their communities. Anchoring each degree program within the context of the workplace, MCNY ensures students are engaged and competent in both theory and practical application.
The V.P. for Enrollment Management serves as MCNY's chief enrollment and student life officer, providing strategic leadership, direction and operational oversight for the following functional areas/offices: Admissions, Financial Aid, Marketing, Student Services, Career Services and the Registrar.
Key strategic priorities for MCNY's next V.P. for Enrollment Management include:
* Leveraging MCNY's unique mission and educational model to position it effectively in a highly competitive marketplace, particularly for adult enrollment;
* Enhancing the holistic student experience, from initial contact to graduation, to achieve sustainable enrollment growth and increase retention and graduation rates;
* Developing and executing a comprehensive marketing plan that increases the College's visibility and brand recognition, and its social justice and social change mission;
* Being a thought leader to identify new market opportunities and maximize MCNY's presence in them; and
* Thinking creatively to streamline admissions processes for prospective students and enhancing service to enrolled students.
Key qualifications for MCNY's next V.P. for Enrollment Management include:
* A bachelor's degree (with an advanced degree preferred) and substantive progressive experience in higher education enrollment management and student services;
* A proven record of success in growing first-year, transfer, and graduate enrollments, particularly in the adult student market;
* Knowledge of, and experience with, contemporary marketing practices that aid in attracting and retaining adult students;
* The ability to be entrepreneurial and visionary to support MCNY short-term enrollment and marketing goals and long-range strategic objectives; and
* A mission-driven commitment to the under-resourced, socioeconomically disadvantaged communities and students that MCNY proudly serves.
The review of completed applications will begin on October 2nd, 2019. Prior to submission, please thoroughly review the Executive Search Profile. Candidates may apply securely here or at MCNYVPEM@rhperry.com. Confidential nominations or recommendations can be submitted here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting MCNY in their search. Please direct all confidential inquiries or communication to: Tom DaRin at (585) 451-9385, Matthew Kilcoyne at (202) 253-9846, or MCNYVPEM@rhperry.com.
Confidential nominations can be submitted by going to: https://rhperry.com/newsearches/mcnyvpem