The College of Mount Saint Vincent (CMSV) Board of Trustees and campus community seek a President who will lead this mission-driven, student-centered community to its next level of academic achievement and financial strength through strategic vision, inclusive servant leadership and a lived commitment to its mission and core values in the Catholic tradition.
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, CMSV is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, independent liberal arts college of over 1,900 students that provides a unique and transformative student experience. Located in the Riverdale section of New York City, the College combines a strong undergraduate core curriculum with a full array of majors in the liberal arts and, within the tradition of liberal education, selected professional fields of study. The CMSV community is committed to the development of the whole person, fostering an understanding of a common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of obligations to each other.
With a strong foundation of high-quality faculty and academic programs, financial stability, a growing endowment, commitment to cultivating the potential of its students, and an engaged alumni/ae, the College of Mount Saint Vincent:
* Provides a transformative student experience, ranking #1 nationally in two of three categories related to student success and social mobility and in the top five in the third (Chronicle of Higher Education);
* Lives a mission that is imbued in every aspect of the College, including being one of the leading providers of volunteer service to the City of New York (Office of the Mayor of New York);
* Ensures academic excellence through a commitment to the liberal arts and sciences, with a highly-qualified and student-focused faculty committed to developing students' foundation of knowledge and appreciation of moral and ethical values.
* Models diversity and inclusion as a federally-designated Hispanic and Minority Serving Institution that has awarded the highest proportion of STEM degrees awarded to Latinx students of any HSI (National Science Foundation);
* Leverages one of the world's greatest cities, with numerous undergraduate student co-curricular learning opportunities including internships, community service, mentorship and research projects in the New York metropolitan area; and
* Exemplifies the Vincentian/Setonian Catholic tradition, exemplified by the Seton Service & Leadership Program, which provides full room and board scholarships to students with high academic profiles who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service.
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, the next President of the College of Mount Saint Vincent will leverage the College's positive momentum and financial strength to look to the future while honoring its foundational mission, unique relationship with the Sisters of Charity, and transformative impact on students' lives. Strategic priorities include:
* Reaffirming CMSV's unwavering commitment to provide all students a high-quality, transformative academic experience rooted in the liberal arts and sciences;
* Developing a strategic and inclusive vision for the College in the context of the rapidly evolving landscape of private higher education;
* Continuing strategic academic program development in all disciplines at the undergraduate and graduate level to ensure sustainable enrollment growth and fiscal strength; and
* Developing additional external resources - through both "friend-raising" and fundraising - to continue to grow the endowment, enhance student success, address the campus master plan, and ensure equitable faculty and staff compensation.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by February 28th, 2020. The search page, which includes the full Executive Search Profile as well as the opportunity to apply or nominate, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting the College of Mount Saint Vincent in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, and Dr. Kathy Krendl, Senior Consultant, at CMSVPresident@rhperry.com.