City, State: Hoffman Estates, IL
Location: AMITA Health - Behavioral Health Hospital
Department: Patient Education 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Shift: 8am-4pm- Monday through Friday
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health's mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
Provides educational instruction to hospitalized students.
- Develops, provides and evaluates educational programs that will provide educational assistance and resources to patients.
- Prepares lesson plans and evaluates and monitors student's performance.
- Serves as single point of contact for external teachers and administrators.
- Supports the student's transition back to school.
- Required Credential(s):
- Appropriate grade level State of Illinois teaching certificate required.
- Special education degrees preferred.
- Bachelor's Level Degree, Bachelor's degree in education required
- Master's degree preferred
- At least one year experience teaching at appropriate level and/or evidence of a current update of skits within the last six years preferred..
- Bachelor's Degree and a valid teaching certificate for grades 6-12.
- Special Education Degree a plus, but it is not required to be considered.
How To Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Candidate Care at 855-778-6037 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST, M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.