Title: Assessment Spclst
City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL
Location: AMITA Health ABBHH
Department: Patient Access Admitting 002
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Night, 40 hours,Weekly
Shift: Over nights and every other weekend: 11p-730a
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health's mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
Conducts Interviews and assessments for potential admissions.
- Provides admissions and intake services to patients and potential patients.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Admits patients to the hospital and registers outpatients with appropriate physician orders.
- Documents calls and related admission information.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention credentialed from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Valid Driver's license required upon hire. Driver's license must match the state of residency at least within 90 days of hire.
- Master's Level Degree, Master's degree required in related field (Social Work or Psychology)
- Prefer a minimum of one year experience in the mental health and/or addictions working with a variety of patient populations.
- Prior experience in a behavioral health hospital preferred.
How To Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Candidate Care at 855-778-6037 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST, M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.