Baylor University is committed to providing a safe and equitable learning, living, and working environment for all members of the University community. As we continue to build a best-in-class Office of Equity, Baylor is seeking to fill two strategic positions, The Associate Vice President for Equity and Title IX Coordinator. Both positions may be viewed at https://jobs.baylor.edu/.
AVP of Equity Position Overview
The Associate Vice President for Equity will provide critical leadership to ensure the University remains in compliance with all laws, policies, and procedures relating to discrimination. Specifically, the AVP will have primary responsibility for the Title IX policies, University's Affirmative Action Plan, Student and Employee Civil Rights plans, as well as related programs and commitments required by federal and state laws, executive orders, and other related University policies. Additionally, this position will manage the budget and administrative operations of the Office of Equity.
A Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, five years of relevant work experience, and a Christian faith are required. A Doctorate degree and more than ten years of relevant work experience are preferred.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
* Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a "Great College to Work For" by The Chronicle of Higher Education
* Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu/about)
* Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
* Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
* Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
* Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
* Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
View the full position description: Associate Vice President for Equity.
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For." Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Pro Futuris.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant's religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.