Christian Brothers University seeks an innovative, collaborative and experienced leader to serve as Dean of the Gadomski School of Engineering.
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, Christian Brothers University (CBU) is a private, coeducational university founded in 1871 by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, a Roman Catholic teaching order. CBU prepares students for professional careers and lives of moral responsibility and constructive community involvement. The University's strength is reflected in enrollment growth, student success, recognition by outside agencies, and deep connections to the community of Memphis. Since 2013, enrollment has grown steadily, and now stands at nearly 1,600 traditional and adult undergraduates and approximately 300 graduate students.
CBU's close ties the City of Memphis create unique opportunities for student engagement and success. Employers and graduate schools recognize the value of the CBU degree, resulting in 97% or higher placement rates each of the past three years and Colleges of Distinction identifying CBU as one of its best colleges for career development. In addition, the University recently launched a Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in partnership with the City's 800 Initiative, which focuses on the empowering minority-owned businesses in Memphis and increasing equity in the city's economy.
One of a select group of Master's-level institutions to offer ABET-accredited programs in all four major engineering disciplines, the Gadomski School of Engineering is both central to CBU's identity and crucial to the University's plan for sustainable enrollment growth, enhancing its reputation regionally, and enlarging its footprint nationally. The School offers undergraduate degrees in Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and in Engineering Management. For students interested in pursuing careers in technical management, the School offers graduate degrees in Engineering Management and Computer Information Systems, and graduate certificates in data analytics, engineering management, and medical device quality. The School also has a distinctive program in Packaging offering a concentration in the BSEM, an undergraduate minor, and a graduate certificate.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Dean include:
* Coordinating the school's academic programs;
* Insuring the continuing ABET accreditation of the core engineering programs;
* Supervising the school's budget and facilities and advising the Vice President for Academics and Student Life (VPASL) on annual and long-range academic budgeting;
* Overseeing relations with university constituents in consultation with appropriate Advancement staff members; and
* Engaging externally with a variety of constituencies to enhance the Gadomski School of Engineering's brand recognition and create opportunities for student success and resource development.
The CBU community seeks a leader with an earned doctorate in engineering or a closely related field whose qualifications include:
* A strong affinity for the Lasallian mission of Christian Brothers University and the courage and ability to lead consistent with that mission;
* Substantive administrative experience and completion of a successful ABET accreditation review;
* The desire and ambition to team with the President and the Advancement Office for external resource development, including fundraising;
* The ability to embrace and effect growth, innovation, and the appropriate balance of teaching and research at a master's level institution;
* A strategic orientation and ability to evaluate opportunities and identify those that will elevate the Gadomski School;
* A commitment to enhancing and growing corporate engagement and partnerships;
* A strong track record of student success;
* Commitment to faculty diversity and professional development; and
* A collaborative leadership style, cultural awareness, and strong communication skills.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by October 23rd, 2019. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Christian Brothers University in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Dr. Jean Scott, Senior Consultant, and Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, at CBUDean@rhperry.com.