Advertising Sales Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead the local advertising sales team of Sun Media Group, including The Westerly Sun, Mystic River Press, The Express and thewesterlysun.com. In addition the advertising sales director will manage the HOMEBASE Digital suite of products and be responsible for coaching and training on the digital sales portfolio. The advertising sales director will also proactively identify new online sales opportunities as well as ensure optimum advertiser performance with online campaigns.
- Set and achieve advertising department budget & sales goals by developing and implementing short and long-term sales strategies.
- Make regular sales calls with media consultants to new and/or existing accounts.
- Provide support, coaching, training and print & digital product information to sales team.
- Meet with media consultants 1/1 weekly to review pipeline and upcoming sales calls.
- Become a subject matter expert for sales team for all matters related to digital advertising.
- Manage campaign performance and advertiser satisfaction throughout the campaign.
- Manage retention effort to ensure customers are not lost while acquiring new accounts.
- Lead daily and weekly sales meetings.
- Review and evaluate new products/pricing and manage successful product launches.
- Conduct relations between Sun Media Group and customers according to established protocol, maintaining integrity in all aspects of the business relationship.
- Direct administrative activities for the advertising department.
- Coordinate sales promotion and events to include designing sales material, handling special promotions and projects.
- Continuously review and monitor the local & regional marketplaces for competition and opportunities.
- Ensure the department is properly trained and perform annual reviews.
- Administer advertising programs for community non-profit organizations.
- Coordinate and actively participate in community events in the markets we serve.
- Coordinate employee representation in various chambers of commerce, community & business organizations.
- Attend meetings and after-hours events as required.
- Serve on various internal management committees.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field.
- 5-8 years’ experience in advertising management and revenue development, with digital media services and social media experience required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Computer skills required, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage and interpret data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including spelling, punctuation and grammar, including ability to address groups of various sizes.
- Self-starter, with strong initiative & solution/goal achievement mentality.
- Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
- Ability to drive others to achieve desired performance objectives.
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Full-time, exempt position with base salary and performance incentive.
- Hours are generally 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We offer a base salary with unlimited commission potential, paid vacation, full medical benefits and a 401K. To apply, send resume, cover letter & salary requirements to Shawn Palmer at email@example.com
Sun Media Group is an EOE