Number of Hours per Week 20
Shift to be determined. May require some weekend work.
This position will provide research support to faculty in the School of Business as assigned by the Dean's Office. While a graduate research assistant in the School of Business is expected to contribute in many ways to a research project, typical responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct literature reviews
• Collect and analyze data
• Prepare interview questions
• Recruit and/or interview subjects
• Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
• Summarize interviews
• Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
• Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
• Manage and respond to project related email
• Attend project meetings
• Summarize project results
• Prepare progress reports for the principle faculty member
• Assist in the preparation of other articles, reports, and presentations
To maintain eligibility for this position, all graduate assistants must meet the College's graduate assistantship criteria. In order to be considered as a finalist for this assistantship position, applicants must also:
1. Demonstrate a self-starter attitude, and be reliable, organized, collaborative, and assertive.
2. Possess intellectual curiosity and strong research and writing skills.
3. Have the ability to practice and maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
4. Have expertise in Microsoft Office programs (Excel and Word in particular).
5. Have a working knowledge of research tools used to gather data (e.g., research databases, Qualtrics), and analyze data (e.g., statistical packages).
The preferred start time-frame is Summer I (May); however, other start dates may be negotiable.
This is a one-year position, with the possibility of renewal for a second year, if applicable, based on job performance and provided the candidate still meets the above criteria.
This posting will be open through March 16, 2018, with priority given to those applications which are submitted by February 16, 2018.
Must be able to sit and type for long periods of time, and do light lifting.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number Student-000300-P
Open Date 02/03/2018
Close Date 03/16/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to work during the Summer?
- * Are you available to work weekends?
- * Do you have significant experience with the following applications?
- Most of the above
- All of the above
- * Please rate your proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- No Experience
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter