Provides day-to-day and long-term administrative and professional services to facilitate, support, and enhance the work of the Library+Commons leadership and administrative team ( LAT ), including the Director, Associate Director, Assistant Director, and the professional Commons Counsel in the teaching, learning, and research/ TLR enterprise. The CAS works both independently and collaboratively to effectively support and facilitate the strategic and tactical work of the LAT , and to maximize the team's prudent planning for, and implementation and advancement of, the Library+Commons mission to the College
1. Primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the library facilities and functions, especially during the day Monday-Friday, including routine operational and executional functions, routine and special communications with the LAT , library staff, Academic Services/ OAS , Information Technology, Academic Media Services, and with the College campus as a whole.
2. Supports, facilitates, and enhances the work of the LAT , serving as primary administrative contact and professional liaison with the College and beyond. Manages information, projects, scheduling, and general workflows for the LAT . Serve as primary contact and spokesperson for other library building residents. Models the implementation of digital tools, procedures, and solutions for the LAT and the broader Library+Commons staff.
3. Provides primary operational support of the library budget: planning/proposal, fiscal year management, processing, and communication of all budgetary issues. Ensure full and accurate compliance with budgetary guidelines; annual planning/proposal information and project management; accuracy and currency of day-to-day budgetary operations; timely, articulate, and effective communications with the Library+Commons, the College, HELIN , and to vendors/providences; assist with accurate and responsible fiscal year-end budget closing and with useful and useable visual reporting of the financial budgetary enterprise.
4. Provide effective textual, multimedia and, where appropriate, dynamic communication to and among the LAT , the Commons Council, Library+Commons staff, the College community, and to the HELIN and regional higher education communities. Serve as lead collaborator (or Chair) for communications teams (marketing Committee; Exhibit Committee); social media tools; print publications, such as: emails, blogs, web pages, scholar pages; annual reports; etc.
5. Serve on, and at times may chair/co-chair, leader/co-lead appropriate committees, teams, task-forces, and other workgroups as determined by the LAT , including working strategically and tactically to determine committee/s, needs; planning, launching, and managing the work of the committee/s, and issuing appropriate formative/interim and summative/final reports.
6. In collaboration with the LAT and the Head of Research & Education, provide both administrative and logistical support for data, information, and knowledge gathering in support of assessment, research/planning, and proposal writing work and exercise independent and professional input into the various projects. Play a leadership role in the creation of interim and final reports, proposals, and multimedia visualizations.
Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of five years' experience in a library and/or education environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Applied expertise in high-technology/digital-technology hardware and software tools, especially MS Office and iWork suites, facility for digital tools, web applications, social media/multimedia tools and environments.
• Excellent communication skills, written/verbal and multimedia
• Intellectual, academic interest and curiosity
• Self-directed and independent
• Collaborative team player
• Strong attention to detail
• Group/team project management and strategic planning
• Budgetary/financial/bookkeeping and office management experience
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
Employee Status Full Time
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number AS112P
Closing Date 05/01/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
We invite energetic and creative library and information professionals to join our vibrant, progressive teaching, learning and research team.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Document