Oversee access, security and safety of athletic facilities-Peterson Recreation Center and Alumni Hall, including Begley Arena, Cuddy Racquetball Courts, Taylor Natatorium, nautilus rooms and gymnasium-and supervise team of student workers who assist in ensuring the access and egress of patrons to the facilities. closing time.
1. Act as primary security check point at the entrance to both facilities in the Peterson Recreation Center lobby area.
2. Help to facilitate all indoor activities including intramurals set-ups as well as responding to accidents and emergency
3. Supervise student workers who are responsible for security access and egress to the facilities, setting up for classes and intramural activities and keeping unauthorized patrons out of facilities. Must also ensure that all doors are secure
4. Accommodate to the best of their ability requests and needs of patrons, visitors and other necessary support services.
1. Help to facilitate all indoor activities including intramurals set-ups as well as responding to accidents and emergency protocol.
Education and Experience Required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to supervise student workers and enforce College policies and practices regarding use and access of facilities.
• Ability to take on a leadership role in ensuring compliance with College procedures on usage of facilities.
• Familiar with operations of athletic facilities.
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
Employee Status Part-Time/Full Year
Union Status Non-Union
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Shifts will vary between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. for the summer months.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number AS114P
Closing Date 05/25/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter