Assist in the overall health care delivery system for assigned athletic teams. Responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
1. Establish all medical preparations and coverage at practices, contests (both home, away, and championships) for assigned sport programs. Prepare athletes for competition through various techniques of taping, bandaging and stretching, including emergency care of acute injuries.
2. Assist and monitor physical rehabilitation of athletic related injuries. Apply therapeutic modalities, exercise and education to student-athletes while considering the physical and psychological aspects of their injuries.
3. Coordinate communication with sports medicine team, coaches, student-athletes and parents, education and counseling to student-athletes about their injury/illness and maintaining appropriate documentation and record-keeping.
4. Provide support to two athletic training facilities and the athletic innovation lab.
1. Perform all other administrative duties as assigned by Senior Associate Athletic Director
Education and Experience Required
• Masters Degree in related field from an accredited institution required
• National Athletic Trainers Association Certification
• Rhode Island Athletic Trainer License
• First aid and CPR Certification
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
Employee Status Full Time
Union Status Non-Union
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number AS117P
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter