Rhode Island School of Design seeks a talented professional to join the Office of Institutional Engagement. The Alumni Relations Officer, Special Programs willidentify, recruit, and provide support to alumni volunteers serving on the Leadership Council, committees and task forces of the Alumni Association and special interest affinity groups. This role plans, designs and implements programs, events, and communications regionally and virtually with alumni affinity groups, and assists with other Alumni Relations programs, including but not limited to reunions, mentorship programs, regional clubs, student/alumni programs, and graduate student programming, with a focus on identifying alumni and students from a broad range of backgrounds whose involvement would benefit those programs.
* Identify and recruit alumni volunteers to lead special interest alumni affinity groups at RISD. Plan, design and implement a series of programs, events, and communications regionally and virtually with each group, placing special emphasis on volunteer leadership training, volunteer management, and community building. Cultivate relationships with campus partners who support student programs to foster relationships between alumni and students professionally and personally. Contact, recruit and maintain a pipeline of volunteers from special interest affinity groups to cultivate for general Alumni Relations and volunteer leadership positions. Manage social media and communications to each groups.
* Provide logistical support to Alumni Association Leadership Council officers and executive committees, and working with the Executive Director, ensure alignment with the College's vision and priorities, including scheduling meetings and calls, distributing agendas and supporting materials, and project execution. Actively engage with IE staff to identify, cultivate, and recruit new members, including volunteers in leadership roles.
* Develop a Continuing Education Alumni program, with benefits and engagement opportunities for this cohort. Actively engage CE staff and obtain their input and feedback in order to envision and implement a suite of benefits and programs. Provide logistical support to the new Continuing Education Advisory Board of the Alumni Association.
* Develop a variety of programs in support of RISD graduate student alumni. Partner with Student Affairs to plan complimentary programming that brings current graduate students and alumni together around social events, networking, and career opportunities.
* Assist with other Alumni Relations programs, including but not limited to reunions, mentorship programs, regional clubs, student/alumni programs.
* Utilize Institutional Engagement database system to track alumni participation, including registrations, attendance, email open rates, etc.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Three years progressively responsible alumni relations and/or development experience preferred with some experience managing and fostering productive relationships with leadership volunteers.
* Must demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of varying backgrounds, including but not limited to, racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, ability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic.
* Must have knowledge of, or experience with digital, social media, and diverse mediums of communication.
* Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and under deadlines.
* Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated experience with alumni and development databases (Raiser's Edge preferred) and strong computer skills in programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
* Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and engaging nature.
* Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in public and make presentations in meetings.
* Ability to interact and correspond professionally with senior staff and distinguished alumni.
* Ability to manage and monitor budgets and expenses.
35 hours per day, 12 months per year
Documents Needed to Apply:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Development - Fundraising