In conjunction with the Associate Director of Club Sports/Facilities, manage the daily operations of the team.
1. Presence at all practices and games
2. Oversight for safety and risk management of team
3. Exposure to rules and etiquette of sport
4. Instruction in skills and technique of sport
5. Assistance in appropriate conditioning of athletes to participate in chosen sport
Coaches are responsible along with the team captains for the decorum and behavior of all team members. Poor sportsmanship, hazing, sexual harassment, verbal or physical abuse of any players, spectators, opponents, or officials will not be tolerated and may result in termination or suspension of the coach. Team sanctions will also be strongly considered.
It is the responsibility of the coach to know and enforce the College's policies including but not limited to, drugs and alcohol, hazing, property damage, gambling (see Student Handbook) as these pertain to themselves, assistants, players, or any team managers or designees.
It is the responsibility of the coach to ensure that risk management principles are being employed to minimize the danger to participants, including training in proper use of equipment and safety equipment, inspection of that equipment, ensuring that such equipment is used at all times, and ensuring the use of appropriate training techniques and standards as recognized by the appropriate national sanctioning body.
Education and Experience Required
Prior coaching experience.
Will need to be certified in CPR , AED and first aid.
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
Employee Status Part-Time/Academic Year
Union Status Non-Union
If other, please enter regular schedule.
There is not a regular schedule for club coaches. They will attend 2-4 practices per week, travel with the team to games and attend the home games at Providence College.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number AS107P
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you certified in CPR, AED and First Aid?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter