Coordinate and manage several critical communications channels. In conjunction with others, develops high-quality messaging delivered through digital channels to key audiences including alumni and those attending signature College events. Manage the technical aspects of digital communication channels, including the College's mass email system, its event registration system, and the alumni and support websites.
1. Manage integrated digital communications in collaboration with key stakeholders campus-wide. Provide support and guidance to personnel inside and outside the unit-in particular, Institutional Advancement (including Alumni Relations, Development, and College Events)-and take responsibility for ensuring high-quality, targeted, and coordinated online messaging rooted in the College's strategic priorities; work to integrate and express the College's brand identity.
2. Oversee the development, maintenance, and support of alumni and support websites and affiliated social media outreach. In collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing & Creative Services, create a dynamic online presence for partners in Institutional Advancement. Participate with divisional colleagues in developing and executing a coordinated social media strategy. Maintain those social media accounts by monitoring comments, replying/engaging as needed, creating updated graphics, and monitoring paid social media initiatives. Manage the online giving form.
3. In conjunction with Alumni Relations, Development, and College Events, oversee the creation of emails; coordinate, prioritize, edit, and facilitate e-communications related to solicitations, news, and events.
4. Oversee the creation of event registration forms and manage the technical aspects of online event registration. Work with colleagues in College Events, Alumni Relations, Academic Affairs, and Mission and Ministry, and others to facilitate and help manage online events registration and the associate activities for major college events.
5. Manage the tracking and reporting on analytics related to email and social media communication. Make data-based recommendations for continuous improvement of marketing and communication efforts.
6. Schedule work, provide oversight/coaching, and provide the tools to facilitate the work of one graduate assistant.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited institution required.
• Three to five years' experience in professional communications with emphasis on digital communications and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience (higher education experience preferred).
• Solid writing skills
• Fluency in digital communications, especially web-based messaging systems, social media channels, and web content management systems.
• Familiarity with online registration systems and enterprise software platforms such as Banner.
• Working knowledge of iModules, WordPress, and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
Employee Status Full Time
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number AS110P
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
If the applicant has the critical core skills for this position, Providence College will consider training in other areas necessary for the job.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter