Position Title Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Provide leadership and support in several key areas of the Institutional Research office resulting in the ability for college leadership and campus constituents to use data for decision-making with a high degree of confidence of the data source. Completes reporting requirement related to federal (mandatory) reporting as well as support for internal surveys, grant applications, adhoc data reporting, and external reporting.
1. Respond to the campus community for data and information required for internal decision makers as well as respond to requests for external data including but not limited to surveys such as Peterson's, CDS , Princeton Review, IPEDS , and HEOA reporting. Participate in workshops and webinars to keep current. Attend yearly conferences.
2. Responsible for the extraction, cleaning, and ensuring that data are accurate, available in a timely manner, and that all variables for reporting are included in extractions. Stay abreast of changing data needs on campus and respond accordingly.
3. Assist in OIR publications, such as the annual KPI report which contains around 100 data indicators, extracted from multiple sources, including the National Student Clearinghouse, IPEDS , and other data sources. Assist in the production of the annual Fact Book, headcount reports, the annual retention reports, and annual reports for School of Continuing Education.
4. Train the office Graduate Assistant and supervise two student workers. Meet with the Graduate Assistant frequently to discuss projects, set goals, and establish timelines.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with special emphasis in Math and Statistics. Master's Degree preferred.
• Three to five years' of experience with at least two years' experience working in a college based institutional research office, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced software skills, including Access, Excel, SPSS , and familiarity with Banner student information system.
• Ability to work with data, understand data flow and data systems.
• Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
• Communication skills using the spoken word
• Ability to see within normal parameters
• Ability to hear within normal range
• Ability to move about
Employee Status Full Time
Union Status Non-Union
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number AS97P
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What are your current salary requirements?
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this position? If a website, please list the site.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter