Advancement and Giving Specialist 5 (Director of Campus Development)
The Pennsylvania State University seeks a Director of Campus Development for its Brandywine Campus. Located in Media Pennsylvania, Penn State Brandywine is a Commonwealth Campus of approximately 1,400 students offering 12 baccalaureate degrees, 11 minors, two associate degrees, as well as internships, undergraduate research and international study programs. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Development at Penn State, University Park, and has a close working relationship with the Campus Chancellor. As a member of the University Development team you can play an integral role in one of the most respected and successful fundraising programs in the country. Penn State is committed to ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the success of a world-class research University. We are dedicated to fostering change required to realize a more socially and just University that values inclusion as a core strength and essential element of our public service mission. Key Responsibilities: The Director will
- Provide leadership and direction to all aspects of the development programs at the campus;
- Develops annual fundraising goals and directs activities in support of achieving goals and objectives;
- Works collaboratively with campus leadership, campus advisory board, c campaign committee volunteers, and central University Development staff to ensure fundraising success;
- Build and foster relationships with increasingly diverse internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead the campus' development efforts to successfully identify, cultivate and solicit alumni and friends;
- Complete a total of twelve monthly visits with prospects and donors;
- Manage a development budget;
- Develop and present proposals;
- Interpret research information pertinent to relationship building with potential donors;
- Possess the ability to think and act strategically;
- Work collaboratively with campus leadership, staff, volunteers and donors to create and implement plans to secure philanthropic gifts from $2,500 to $99,999, as well as major gifts at $100,000+.
The successful candidate should have:
- A track record of exceeding fundraising goals;
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to self-motivate, ability to work independently, as well as be a member of a team, are integral;
- Have a passion for higher education, understand complex organizations;
- Exhibit a willingness to engage and collaborate with diverse communities.
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree is preferred. Candidates should possess fundraising or related experience. This position requires travel and operation of a motor vehicle. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with good possibility of re-funding.
A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence
No institution offers a more powerful example of private support furthering the public good than Penn State, and the University is beginning a new effort that will allow us to fulfill our land-grant mission for a new era: A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence. This strategic, five-year fundraising initiative reflects our commitment to the three core imperatives of a truly great public university:
* Open Doors: Private support can not only bring talented students from every background to Penn State - it can help them to graduate on time and on track to successful careers and lives.
* Create Transformative Experiences: Philanthropy will provide the opportunities - in our classrooms, on our campuses, and in the larger world - that let students and faculty discover their full potential and make a difference.
* Impact the World: With the visionary gifts of alumni and friends, we can tackle the world's most pressing problems - and solve them.
The ambition of the campaign is great, but no greater than the spirit and generosity of our supporters. A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence is an opportunity for our alumni and friends to contribute to the University's future and to the future we all share.
Building a Career and a Life at Penn State (http://psu.edu)
With one of the most respected development and alumni relations operations in the country, Penn State is one of only a dozen public institutions nationwide to complete a $2 billion fundraising campaign, and our alumni association is the largest dues-paying organization of its kind in the world. Learn more at http://giveto.psu.edu.
Penn State is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world by the Time Higher Education University Rankings, the Center for World University Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities. Read about Penn State's success at http://psu.edu/this-is-penn-state.
Penn State is also committed to ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the success of a world-class research institution. We are concerned uniquely with the institutional change required for visioning and realizing a more socially just University. Learn more at http://equity.psu.edu/diversity-resources.
This position is based at the Brandywine campus, located outside of Philadelphia, PA. Visit http://brandywine.psu.edu for more information.
As Penn State employees, development professionals receive excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage; retirement contributions and plans; substantial tuition discounts for themselves, their spouses and domestic partners, and unmarried children; and access to life and long-term care insurance. More information about working at Penn State can be found at http://psu.jobs.
If you have questions about your future with Penn State's Office of University Development, please contact Drew Kovacs, associate director of talent acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at https://psu.jobs/job/82821
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency