Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
The Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs (VPEMSA) is the Chief Enrollment Officer responsible for the executive leadership, strategic planning and administrative oversight for all operations and support functions associated with the recruitment, retention, and engagement of students. The VPEMSA is a creative thinker who engages the division and the College in building a student-centered institution.
The VPEMSA plays key roles in institutional planning and positioning, in forging community partnerships, and in advancing RCC's presence in the region, state, and nation. The VPEMSA also has significant responsibly to work collaboratively with campus partners within Academic Affairs, the Faculty Senate, The Administrative Staff Assembly, the Student Government Association, and others to optimize enrollment and student success. The VPEMSA participates and assists in leading strategic efforts to address issues related to student development, health and wellness, success, equity, and retention, as well as addresses issues related to the review, implementation, improvement, and enhancement of policies, procedures, and program-specific services. The VPEMSA oversees division-wide planning in alignment with the strategic plan of RCC and program development in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
Effective performance of the duties outlined below requires expertise in enrollment management, student recruitment and retention; in-depth understanding of the mission of the institution and its various programs; a commitment to service through the various logistical and support functions; and the ability to work effectively within a shared decision-making environment.
* Serve as a member of the President's Executive Leadership Team and be a thought-partner by providing expertise on admissions, financial aid, recruitment, retention, student affairs and residence life.
* Work collaboratively with the Provost and academic deans to develop academic and co-curricular initiatives that will advance the goals, mission, marketing strategies, and enrollment growth priorities and best practices in student recruitment.
* Actively participate in effective internal and external strategies to enhance the College's recruitment, retention, and brand recognition regionally, nationally and internationally.
* Oversee areas including, but not limited to: Records and Registration, Advising, Academic Intervention, Financial Aid, Testing, Student Activities, Veterans, and Assessability Services. The Vice President will also serve as the Title IX Coordinator. Model leadership behaviors that enable and support a culture of service excellence, specifically related to the values of knowledge, teamwork, accountability and quality service.
Enrollment & Student Affairs Leadership and Management
* Direct the development, operation, and enhancement of enrollment management functions associated with the recruitment, retention, and engagement of students.
* Research, develop, recommend, administer and evaluate policies, procedures, best practices, and technology applications to facilitate the College's goals and to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
* Ensure policies and procedures are in place to attain student success and achieve recruitment, enrollment, and retention initiatives based on short- and long-term targets.
* Oversee the planning and processes related to student governance, student organizations, leadership development and service opportunities, dispute resolution, and advocacy on behalf of student needs and interests.
* Discuss strategies and results with a variety of constituents; spearhead new initiatives aimed at strengthening student success including the identification and implementation of enhanced protocols for student success, connecting students' academic interests with career outcomes; recommend policy to achieve successful execution of measurable goals defined in enrollment and retention plans.
* Strategically plan, develop, execute and assess an enrollment plan for entering students as well as a student retention and success plan including graduation/outcomes rates; evaluate and redirect resources appropriately and (as needed) to meet the goals of both recruitment and retention.
* Successfully oversee management of operating budgets for recruitment, retention and student support services. Develop and prepare annual budgets for other assigned programs; monitor and analyze operations, activities, programs, and courses to determine educational and financial effectiveness, as well as operational efficiency.
* Promote developmental model in Student Affairs by providing multiple opportunities for students to participate in broad-based programming.
* Create a multi-faceted, multicultural student life program that serves the needs of all students.
* Represent the College at student events.
* Serve as a mentor for student leaders and as an advocate for all students.
Strategic Enrollment Management Planning
* Oversee the development of a strategic enrollment management plan and ensure the goals of the plan are achieved.
* Use enrollment and student success metrics and analyses to drive planning at the College; achieve predictable enrollments through planning and active management; develop a culture of clean, reliable data available at predictable intervals; construct key performance indicators and use of metrics for decision-making.
* Analyze student needs, evaluate the effectiveness of services, and identify emerging trends in higher education as inputs for institutional planning.
* Plan and implement systematic evaluation of all personnel programs and projects assigned.
* Actively participate in system audits, accreditation processes, and other University-wide evaluation processes.
Budget Management and Human Resource Management
* Develop and administer personnel and non-personnel budgets for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
* Review the budget allocation process to ensure equity and judicious use of resources needed to meet student needs and college goals.
* Provide supervision, evaluation and professional development for administrative and support staff in the division.
* Provide consultation and technical expertise to staff, faculty, administrators, and others concerning departmental operations and activities; respond to inquiries and provide detailed and technical information concerning programs, departments, services, curriculum, courses, and related matters; assure proper and timely resolution of student, staff, faculty, and administrative issues, complaints, and conflicts.
* Master's degree in higher education leadership, student affairs, enrollment management or a related field.
* Five years of significant university, college or system leadership experience in a combination of enrollment management and student affairs.
* Record of data-informed decision-making with a focus on best practices in enrollment management and leading-edge practices in student success.
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
* Doctorate degree in higher education leadership, student affairs, enrollment management or a related field.
* Experience that includes executive leadership in higher education.
* Experience with traditional and adult learners.
* Experience with Community College Students
* Record of data informed decision-making with a focus on best practices in enrollment management and leading edge practices in student development.
* Demonstrated experience developing strategic enrollment management, student retention and completion plans.
* Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of students and employees.
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience
Submit Resumes to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rockcc&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP
Application Deadline: Until filled
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.