Solar Tech I Job Description
- Actively participates in training as required to progress to Operations and Maintenance Technician Level II. Training includes On-the-Job Training, Self-Study, Computer Based Training and Classroom Training.
- Performs technical work as assigned in the solar field and assists Tech II - IV in the operations and maintenance of the power plant.
- Assists higher level Technicians in performing maintenance.
- Performs other technical and administrative duties associated with operating and maintaining a power facility.
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with Environmental and Safety requirements.
- Performs work independently and/or in work crews.
- Proven experience with a multitude of electrical/construction projects and knowledge of basic IT equipment.
- Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards as well as help the company improve upon the standards in place.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional and geographically diverse organization.
- Maturity, professionalism and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with superiors and colleagues.
- High energy, developed interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to synthesize complex analysis, approach new challenges with creativity and summarize information in a manner that supports key decision makers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, highly technical equipment and engineering.
- Excellent hands on abilities with strong technical skills.
- Ability to operate personal computer with technical proficiency of standard business software.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
- Demonstrates proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company.
- Maintains a current level of professional knowledge.
- Focuses on personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.
- Communicates openly and honestly, does not engage in gossip.
- Models professional behaviors of conduct and decorum.
- Is a strong team player and willing to assist others when necessary and appropriate.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical fundamentals of PV systems preferred.
- Significant I&E, I&C and/or C&I Electrician experience will be considered in lieu of applicable solar experience.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent Journeyman certification and qualifications preferred.
- Normal plant and/or office environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
- Requires use of wear personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.).
- May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Occasionally requires lifting up to 70 pounds, to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work overtime and non-standard working hours - (nights) as required.
- Travel required as needed.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston