Job ID 2018-10002
Campus Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St
Posting Date 2018-01-05
Employee Classification Faculty
Department Yeshiva College
Position Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job:
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) is the world's premier Jewish institution for higher education. It is the educational, spiritual and intellectual epicenter of a global movement, anchored in three thousand years of Jewish wisdom and values, dedicated to creating a better world for all of humanity. Whether in its high schools, undergraduate programs, or graduate schools, YU trains students to be both deeply rooted and forward focused. It endows them with a sense of grand purpose, and provides them the tools and lifelong support for immediate and lasting success in the marketplace of tomorrow.
YU employs 2,000 people across its various campuses. It is composed of three undergraduate schools (Yeshiva College, Stern College for Women and Sy Syms School of Business); seven graduate schools, including an affiliated school of medicine (Albert Einstein College of Medicine), law (Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law), social work (Wurzweiler School of Social Work), psychology (Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology), advanced Jewish studies (Bernard Revel Graduate School of Jewish Studies), Jewish education and administration (Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration), and professional studies (Katz School of Graduate and Professional Studies). YU is also affiliated with the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary (RIETS); the Belz School of Jewish Music; two Yeshiva University High Schools (for boys and girls); the YU Museum, and the Caroline and Joseph S. Gruss Institute in Jerusalem. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to a meaningful working environment, and who respect and appreciate our values and our commitment to the University's Jewish roots.
The University offers a competitive compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan.
Yeshiva University invites applications for an innovative Associate Dean for Academic Affairs for Yeshiva College, beginning July 1, 2018. Priority will be given to those applying by February 15 though the position will be open until filled.
In consultation with the Dean of the Undergraduate Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and in collaboration with the faculty, the Associate Dean will help fulfill the academic vision of Yeshiva College. S/he will be serve as the primary liaison between the Yeshiva College faculty and the dean's office, manage the promotion and tenure process, oversee curricular initiatives and revisions, and coordinate the activities of the Curriculum Committee.
In collaboration with the other Associate Dean of Yeshiva College, s/he will prepare each term's course schedule ensuring that course offerings are in compliance with college policies and procedures. Further responsibilities include providing the Dean with recommendations regarding faculty hires, contract renewals and promotions, and working on special initiatives such as academic integrity, assessment, and summer school.
The successful Associate Dean candidate will be an accomplished leader who possesses collaborative interpersonal skills and holds these qualifications:
* At least three years of experience in academic leadership in an accredited institution with a culture of shared governance
* Successful managerial and administrative contributions as a department chair, center or honors program director, or grant administrator
* A record of strong leadership, creative thinking, and results
* An understanding of how academic programs are built, launched, and sustained, and the imagination to think outside the box about the future of small liberal arts colleges in the 21st century
* Experience with faculty recruitment, mentorship, and retention
* Evidence of support for faculty research, teaching, and service
* Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
* The ability to problem-solve, analyze data, and think strategically, and collaborate with faculty, administrators, staff and students
* A doctoral degree in the liberal arts or sciences and a record of teaching and research that would merit appointment at the associate or full professor level in one of the departments of the College.
Application instructions: With your CV, please include the names of three individuals whom we could consult for recommendations, as well as a cover letter describing your interest in the role and experiences qualifying you for the position.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.