Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS) invite applications for four Assistant Deans to work with undergraduate students. As a coordinate system of two colleges, Hobart College (male-identified students) and William Smith (female-identified students), two Assistant Deans would report to the Dean of each respective college and would work collaboratively across campus and colleges to provide academic, professional, and personal advising to two class years of undergraduate students. HWS aims to develop an integrated and holistic advising system, where there is frequent and productive communication between the faculty, relevant staff members, and the Deans' Offices.
The four Assistant Deans of the College will work within and across their respective colleges and assist the Dean of the College in the following way:
* Support, coordinate, and manage the academic experience, degree progression, and academic review of two class years of undergraduate students in their respective college.
* Facilitate the developmental experience of students at the Colleges by enhancing their opportunities and preparation for success at the Colleges and preparing them for personal and professional accomplishments in an increasingly multicultural and global society.
* Work collaboratively with faculty and staff across campus and colleges to support undergraduate students in a holistic and integrated manner.
* Assist the Dean of the College on strategic planning and execution of events and programs.
* Develop, implement, and refer students to programming that addresses orientation, retention, skill development, career, and other academic opportunities.
* Attend and support students at campus events (often outside of the normal workday), related to their academic development and the work of the Office.
* Support and enhance the traditions of the College.
* Represent the respective college at campus events including academic and admissions programming throughout the year.
* Serve as a liaison with parents and guardians as needed and in compliance with campus policies as well as state and federal laws.
* Monitor, assist, and communicate regularly with students who are on academic probation and/or dealing with personal challenges.
* Represent the Office on administrative and faculty committees, as assigned by the Dean of the College.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the respective Dean.
A doctorate or equivalent terminal degree is required. At least five years of experience in higher education, student advising, and student development with a demonstrated record of student success and innovation is required. A record of supporting students from diverse populations and backgrounds, including underrepresented groups, is highly desired. Evidence of working collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students on a daily basis and having knowledge of current best practices and trends in student support, development, and outreach is highly desired. A commitment to the values of a liberal arts education and the principles of service learning, community engagement, social justice, and equity is also essential to success in this position.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible administrative salaried position. Normal hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the academic year with some evening and weekend responsibilities and more flexibility in the summer. The salary is competitive. The benefit package includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision insurances; long-term disability coverage; life insurance; retirement benefits; paid holidays; and vacation time. This position is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume/C.V., and the names with contact information of at least three (3) professional references to our application service, Interfolio https://apply.interfolio.com/49446.
If you have any questions about using Interfolio, please send to email@example.com.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency