Responsible for timely, consistent, high quality food preparation in accordance with Club Fortune Policies and procedures. Assists with insuring highest quality of food product given to guests. May perform duties of Line Cook.
Must have one year of line cook experience preferably, with a basic understanding of food preparation and production techniques. Ability to follow verbal and written directions, adapt to rapid change in a high stress environment needed. Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent. Ability to adhere to OSHA and Health Dept standards of cleanliness and sanitation in an area where food is prepared and set for presentation. Must provide own knives. Audition may be required. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to follow recipes, and convert measurables, in preparation of hot and cold menu items.
- Maintain accurate and up to date knowledge of all recurring and special menu items..
- Operate all kitchen equipment used in the preparation and presentation of food items.
- Assist in the proper rotation and storage of product (FIFO.)
- Assist in quality and waste control.
- Perform a variety of cleaning and organizational tasks as assigned.
- Professionally and effectively communicate with guests, employees and management.
- Ensure that oncoming shift is set-up for success.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good knife skills.
Work Environment and ADA Requirements:
Must be able to stand for entire shift. Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to stoop, bend and reach. Must have the manual dexterity required to write and operate kitchen equipment. Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues. Must be able to simultaneously handle the demands of many assigned tasks. When on casino floor, must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.