Responsible for providing friendly, excellent service; taking orders, serving food and beverages, preparing itemized checks and accepting payments. Additional duties as assigned; such as clearing and cleaning front tables, restocking condiments, cutlery, etc.
Minimum six months previous experience in the food service industry. Cash handling experience is preferred. Must be able to initiate and converse in a professional and friendly manner; be able to get along with coworkers and work as a team; present a well groomed appearance; and be at least eighteen years of age. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take, prepare and serve orders as requested by guests and employees.
- Clear and clean deli counter and front deli tables.
- Maintain and re-stock condiments and supplies.
- Comply with all Clark County Health District food handling requirements.
- Cashier and tender all transactions.
- Perform all opening and closing side work as required.
- Maintain knowledge of menu items, specials and menu changes.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the position.
- Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Adhere to uniform requirements.
- Serve guests in accordance with all governing regulations, including gaming, health and alcohol awareness.
Work Environment and ADA Requirements:
Must be able to stand for entire shift. Must be able to work in an environment with loud background noise. Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, twist, crouch, squat, lift. Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues. Must be able to simultaneously handle the demands of many customers. Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.