Under the supervision from the Dean, the Associate Dean at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) is responsible for campus life/campus climate, the development and academic progress of students, and retention initiatives. The Associate Dean works closely with academic departments and serves on a number of campus wide committees.
This function finds its incumbent providing a full array of services related to campus life and climate. By way of illustration and not limitation, this function:
* Investigates and adjudicates student misconduct. Investigates complaints by interviewing victims, witnesses and the accused. Decides the appropriate course of action and prepares investigation report and statement of charges, informs/advises without bias the accused of charges, evidence and procedures. Adjudicate cases when the victim and accuser prefer an administrative hearing. Prepares case material for Student Hearing Board committee and presents the case before the committee. Follows-up to ensure that the appropriate correspondence or records have been written or created.
* Coordinates and provides academic support and advice for students placed on academic probation, suspension or re-admission. Provides individual assistance to students to assist them in academic improvement, to meet their objective to graduate and to meet the university's mission of educating its students. Provides data analysis, conducts advising interviews, works with faculty committees as member and/or resource, coordinates student appeals process and coordinates staff effort on these activities.
* Develops, coordinates and implements programs for multi-cultural education and human relations interventions.
* Serves as a liaison between students and college officials and faculty members in resolving academic and personal concerns. Conducts individual interviews with students, faculty, staff, parents and others, writes follow-up correspondence, makes final decisions to up-hold or except policies carried out by other offices.
* Studies, initiates and coordinates university-wide efforts to increase student retention.
* Monitors campus retention issues and trends and makes adjustments on an on-going basis.
* Reviews and develops policies and procedures impacting upon students' behavior within and outside the classroom. Identifies policies and procedures within Student Services, which need to be revised or replaced. Works with faculty, administrative and student groups to recommend or approve changes and publishes new policies and procedures in student handbook or other media.
* This position is a Campus Security Authority (CSA) as per the Clery Law and is a Responsible Employee under Title IX.
* The position is an essential staff position requiring the successful candidate to report to work in times of emergency or when the university is operating on limited staffing schedules.
* Provide customer service to students, staff members, vendors, other departments and outside/community partnerships in person, over the phone or via email by answering inquiries, responding to request and/or providing information.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Master's Degree in Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or a related field is required.
* Should have a minimum of five (5) years experience demonstrating progressively increased student/administrative responsibilities, particularly in the areas related to the position.
* Doctorate is preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://njit.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=174
To build a diverse workforce, NJIT encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. EEO employer.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, NEWARK, NJ 07102-1982