Job Class: MnSCU Administrator 10
$102,781.00 - $164,453.00 Annually
03/22/18 11:59 PM
The associate vice chancellor for academic affairs is a member of the Academic and student affairs (ASA) division leadership team, supporting the teaching and learning enterprise throughout the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. In that capacity, the associate vice chancellor for academic affairs supports the senior vice chancellor for academic and student affairs in executing key ASA initiatives and operational responsibilities, including system policy and procedure development, program planning and approval functions, the program collaboration and transfer function, faculty development, academic planning, educational innovation, intellectual property and special project management assignments (e.g., learning outcomes, accreditation and international education) as needed. The associate vice chancellor also provides system-level leadership, direction, and advocacy for student success initiatives in partnership with the Student Affairs unit and the Equity and Inclusion Office.
The associate vice chancellor and ASA division are also focused on advancing the foundational board's policy 3.36: "The academic programs of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities should prepare graduates for work, life, and citizenship. Academic programs should create graduates who are creative, innovative, and able to respond with agility to new ideas, new technologies, and new global relationships. Graduates should be able to lead their professions and adapt to the multiple careers they will have over their lifetimes. Graduates should have the ability to think independently and critically; be able to resourcefully apply knowledge to new problems; proactively expect the unexpected, embrace change and be comfortable with ambiguity; and be able to communicate and work effectively across cultural and geographic boundaries."
* A master's degree
* At least 5 years of progressive higher education leadership experience, including at least 3 years in an administrative role
* Experience developing and managing budgets
* Experience in academic consultation and shared governance processes
* Demonstrated understanding of the increased role of technology in support of education services and programs and related knowledge of learning management systems
* Demonstrated commitment to and success in advancing equity for all people and improving student success
* Demonstrated understanding of the unique characteristics and needs of different institutional types (e.g., community colleges, technical colleges, comprehensive colleges, universities)
* Proven experience in a supervisory role
* Ability to effectively lead and influence change, without direct authority
* Excellent group facilitation, consensus building, public presentation, and communication skills
* Excellent and demonstrated communication skills that include written, oral and presentation skill-sets
* Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously with challenging time constraints
* Doctoral degree
* Teaching experience
* Campus-based academic administration experience
* Experience in a large complex system of higher education or large university
* Experience working collaboratively with collective bargaining units
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's Vehicle use criteria and consent to Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/employee-relations/labor-Relations/Labor.
Why Work for Us
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit: Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Relocation up to $5,000 is available for qualified moves.
How to Apply
* Please go NeoGov at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mnscuoochr/default.cfm
* All application materials must be received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59pm on the date the position closes.
* Most job postings require that you attach a cover letter, resume and a transcript (if required in the minimum qualifications) to your online job Application. To attach a document;
* click on Job Application
* Scroll down to attachments; click on "Add Attachment (s).
* In "File Description" give the document name.
* Select the "Attachment type "from the drop down menu.
* Next to "File" click on Browse and double left click on the document you wish to attach.
* Click on Upload. There is a file size limit on each individual attachment
* Reminder; when attaching a transcript please redact any of the following information items which appear on the transcript before you submit it. Social Security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation. Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U. S graduate credits.
* If you scan your transcript, please make sure that it is readable before you attach it to your application. If you do not submit your transcripts(s), you will not be considered.
* Important Notice to applicants who previously applied to System Office or another higher education institution or government agency through Government Jobs.com/NEOGOV; If you included attachments to your previous application, the software may not recognize that you have attached the required documents, and may not allow you to submit your application to our posting. To remedy this;
* In the first section of your application (Job Application) scroll down to Attachments;
* Locate the desired attachment and click on Edit;
* Select the Attachment type from the drop down menu, Click save.
* Do the same for the other attachments.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jessica White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/201-1845.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.