Under the direction and guidance of the Academic Dean, the associate dean provides administrative management and leadership in the Division. The primary responsibilities of the associate dean are to support the academic management and operations of the division and to serve as support to the academic dean in furthering the academic mission and direction of the college. Also, the Associate Dean will have supervisory responsibilities for classified staff in various departments at the college. This position reports to the Academic Dean. The employee is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college mission
- Ability to foster student-centered environments
- Ability to promote effective teaching and learning based on knowledge of contemporary methods of instructional delivery and curriculum development
- Ability to work with technical, developmental and transfer programs
- Ability to promote uses of technology for instructional delivery and distance learning
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of management and supervisory principles
- Understanding of collective bargaining and contract maintenance
This description is intended to indicate the type of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required.
1. Work with the dean to implement major research, planning, assessment and tracking initiatives relating to curriculum development, program development, student learning and other designated projects.
2. Serve as a liaison to work with the campus staff to appropriately research, direct and route student questions, appeals and other related issues.
3. Mediate academic conflict and resolve issues involving faculty, staff, and students; meet with students to discuss academic problems, complaints, and assist in devising equitable responses and solutions.
4. Assist with the coordination of the adjunct faculty orientation.
5. Serve as a liaison for the dean in expediting the department chairs responsibility and duties.
6. Assist with developing the departmental credit course schedule, annual budget, faculty needs and curriculum.
7. Facilitate ongoing program evaluation and assessment.
8. Coordinate and monitor student evaluations of all departmental faculty.
9. Assist the dean with the probationary/continuing contract process for full-time faculty.
10. Monitor program compliance with articulation agreements and accreditation standards.
11. Assist and monitor the processing of all load documents (full and part time).
12. Work in collaboration with other members of the campus leadership team to advance the mission of the college.
13. Provide supervision of classified staff, where appropriate, including monitoring performance, workload and use of leave time.
14. Serve on appropriate college wide committees assisting with the formation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
15. Engage in participatory governance pursuant to labor agreements, college policy and applicable laws.
16. Assist the dean, as needed in developing the budget; monitor expenditures, as needed.
17. Represent the College in appropriate community and professional organizations.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Masters degree in a discipline within the Division required
EXPERIENCE: Five years administrative experience, preferably in an academic area. A minimum of two years teaching experience (part-time teaching equated), preferably in a community college.
All applicants must fill out and "submit" the on-line application form, and then upload a cover letter, current resume and copies of all relevant transcripts as listed in the minimum requirements.
All information requested above must be submitted in order to be considered for this position.