Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: The Direct Support Professional 3 will provide support and assistance in Level 3 residential programs. Staff will provide support to individuals who need daily intervention, supervision and skills training in activities of daily living while managing within a home environment and in the community. Individuals may require moderate to considerable physical assistance or accommodation. Staff will receive specialized training in order to provide enhanced supervision or interventions designed to address multiple disabilities which may include behavioral supports or enhanced medical care. Staff may be required to have specialized certifications; be credentialed or trained in specialized areas such as PAC or ABA techniques; and/or have advanced training in areas such as autism, behavioral supports and/or healthcare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with skills training in all activities of daily living.
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals to make decisions in order to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs.
- Transport and accompany individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Assist individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as applicable.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, MAP and Driver Safety.
- Maintain additional mandated trainings and certifications as required by the program.
- Develop positive relationships with guardians, family members and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Associates or DSP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities who have significant medical and/or behavioral needs necessary.
- Bachelor"s degree in related field preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to proficiently use Microsoft products and web based applications supported by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell Policy.
Bridgewell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled.