- Gather information for the completion of comprehensive home-based assessments in the youth's home or another location indicated by the family.
- Provide education, advocacy and support to youth and family.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a youth and family centered Individual Care Plan.
- Maintain regular contact (face-to-face and telephone) with the youth, family and other relevant persons in the youth's life.
- Assist families in navigating through any of the child/family-serving systems and advocate for family members who are involved with behavioral health systems.
- Facilitate the identification and development of natural supports with family input and support.
- Develops an Individual Care Plan and risk management/safety plan which supports the achievement of goals identified by the family in conjunction with the family, care providers, natural supports and case managers.
Education: Master's or Bachelor's degree in relevant mental health field required (including but not restricted to, counseling, family therapy, social work, psychology, etc.)
Skills: Must have or be able to acquire Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) certification within three (3) months of employment. Must have Driver's License and Automobile.
Experience: Familiarity with child & youth serving programs preferred.
North Suffolk offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Here are some highlights of our benefits package for this position:
- 12% Language Differential Pay
- Two Weeks' Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities