Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: Transportation employees support Bridgewell"s mission by ensuring that individuals with disabilities are transported safely to and from the day site and the residence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all individuals in entering and exiting the vehicle and assure all individuals have properly secured seatbelts.
- Interact with patience and sensitivity in all contact with individuals, family members, staff and others.
- Be familiar with any conditions or behavioral issues that any individuals may have and be able to assist them.
- Operate the vehicle at all times within all federal, state and local laws.
- Have good knowledge of routes and locations of all houses, day facilities and emergency locations.
- Maintain and carry emergency fact sheets, daily attendance and trip route sheets.
- Complete quick vehicle safety checklist prior to beginning your assigned route and report any issues to your supervisor immediately.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any variance in route time exceeding 15 minutes.
- Complete incident reports, as needed, in accordance with the Bridgewell Incident Reporting Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain all required certifications (i.e. First Aid, CPR, Driver"s Safety, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be 20.5 years of age or older, with at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Must have a valid MA driver"s license and a good driving record history with no more than 2 moving violations in the last three years. A driving record history will be verified.
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Ability to interact with patience and sensitivity in all contact with individuals, residential staff, parents, and facility staff.
- Must pass Driver Safety, CPR, First aid and CPI Certification.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Bridgewell policy
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- A CORI background check will be conducted and verbal offer of employment is contingent upon CORI results.
- A Drug Screen must be conducted within 24 hours of a successful interview and verbal offer of employment is contingent upon results.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to drive a 12 passenger van and/or a handicap accessible van.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
- Must be able to climb in and out of vehicles