Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: Supports Bridgewell"s mission by providing support, supported referrals, and crisis intervention to individuals and their family members dealing with the impact of opioid use disorders, including overdoses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on call recovery coaching for patients and family members
- Provide education to patients and family members on the recovery process
- Provide referrals including, but not limited to, housing, vocational services, benefits, treatment, and Narcan education
- Obtain necessary releases of information as needed in accordance with HIPPA and Federal 42 CFR, Part 2 guidelines
- Provide telephone support calls during the weekend for those who have met with a coach to keep them engaged and provide ongoing recovery support
- Complete all required documentation including ESM enrollment forms and documentation of direct service in eHana
- Communicate effectively and respectively with hospital staff who have made the referral to obtain information regarding the patient and follow up plan after the initial contact has occurred
- Respond in communication with on call service within 5 minutes of being called and respond in person to the hospital within 30 minutes of the call. Communicate with the program coordinator/clinical case manager regarding the status of the call and the disposition of the patient
- Seek consultation from the program coordinator/clinical case manager as needed; work in collaboration with program coordinator/clinical case manager to facilitate supported referrals as needed.
- Attend all trainings as assigned and supervision as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or higher preferred; High school diploma required
- Certification as a Recovery Coach in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Prior experience working with individuals with substance use disorders preferred.
- Must have demonstrated understanding and belief in the recovery process and recovery oriented systems of care model
- Must have demonstrated understanding of community resources
- Must have valid drivers license and insured auto
- Knowledge of basic crisis intervention, motivational interviewing and case management techniques preferred. Ability to act as an advocate for the needs of the consumer is required
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled.