Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: As a Behavioral Support Provider you will provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living, including assistance with medical and clinical needs; transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program; and maintain daily and monthly progress notes according to Department of Development Services (DDS) and all regulatory standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in making decisions to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Develop positive relationships with guardians, family members, and providers.
- Counsel, coach and teach coping skills.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as applicable.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, MAP, PAC, and Driver Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA preferred in psychology, social work or related field.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to function as part of a treatment team and have good crisis management skills.
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, MAP, CPI and PAC, and participate in both initial and on-going DBT training.
- Must have a driver"s license for at least one year with a good driving record history.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Bridgewell policy.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Bridgewell is an EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.