The Position: We"re looking for an Asleep Overnight Direct Support Professional 1! You will provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and psychiatric disabilities during the overnight hours as needed in Level 1 residential programs. You will provide support to individuals who may need daily intervention, supervision and skills training in activities of daily living while managing within a home environment and in the community. Individuals may require physical assistance or accommodations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living during the morning routine.
- Provide assistance to individuals during the overnight shift who may wake up or have needs requiring assistance.
- Provide services to individuals according to, DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Maintain daily and monthly progress notes, shift checklists and other program documentation according to DDS, DMH and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Complete household cleaning duties as assigned.
- Maintain safety of all individuals while on shift including implementing emergency policies as needed.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, and MAP if applicable.
- Maintain additional mandated trainings and certifications as required by the program.
- Transport individuals as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Associates or DSP Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities who have significant medical and/or behavioral needs necessary.
- Bachelor"s degree in related field a preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to use proficiently Microsoft products and web based applications used by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
- Many benefits starting at 24 or more regularly scheduled hours
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe our benefits package is one of the most competitive (available to all employees regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours)
- Generous paid time off-includes your birthday (that's right, we even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and personal contributions
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training and professional development
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.