Join NSMHA as an Administrative Assistant in our Behavioral Health Community Partner program! This position is responsible for supporting the administrative operations of BHCP and supporting the needs of the BHCP Managers and staff. This position also will collaborate with other departments regularly as indicated within North Suffolk.
- Liaison with Riverside representatives to facilitate prompt referrals and transmission of information.
- Perform all administrative tasks related to member registration, program census, data entry, transitions of care, etc. in accordance with relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Perform data entry in multiple systems and manage database(s). Participate in the overall quality management of the program. Enter /Track data regarding new referrals.
- In collaboration with the Billing department, facilitate data transfer and any billing activities for all members. Follow up with contractors regarding denials.
- Verify insurance eligibility as directed, follow up with staff regarding discrepancies.
- Perform general clerical and office duties such as word processing, office triage for visitors and telephone encounters, faxing, scheduling, database maintenance and management.
- Where appropriate, document in care management software that records or relevant information has been received or transmitted.
- Track and alert staff of need to update documentation such as care plans, authorizations, consents for the release of information, etc.
- Sort and distribute communications, document and distribute meeting minutes, and maintain program logs and records.
- Participate in general upkeep of the office.
- Collect, enter, and maintain information in a resource database.
- Assist the reception staff of the clinics as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
Experience: Strong administrative experience in an office setting required. Ability to manage in a busy environment required.
Skills: Word processing spread sheet and, electronic health record computer skills a must. Knowledge of office procedures required.