Part Time Faculty, Dept. of Physics
Rank: Adjunct Instructor
Tenure Information: Non-Tenure Track
The Department of Physics at Bridgewater State University is a versatile and growing department making new and exciting strides in our curriculum and research. We currently have more than fifty Physics Majors, a handful of Physics Minors and several Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) students. Most of our Majors take part in intensive and well-funded summer research programs in astrophysics, optics and biological physics with our faculty of world renowned scientists through collaboration
The Department of Physics at Bridgewater State University seeks qualified and committed Part Time Faculty for the 2017/2018 academic year, who are enthusiastic teachers and dedicated to working with undergraduates.
Specific course offerings for which Part Time Faculty are requested include general algebra based physics and/or junior level optics theory for majors.
Applicants should possess:
- Ability to effectively teach in a close, collegial environment dedicated to the teaching-learning relationship.
- Strong commit to excellence in teaching and to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Provide quality teaching including related preparation and grading.
- Provide class syllabi to students enrolled in classes and to the department office as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
Masters Degree in Physics or related field.
Teaching experience preferred.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Posting Number: F00136P
Open Date: 08/08/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/8156
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency