More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Green Mountain Energy Company is seeking a Recruiter with outstanding organization, leadership, recruiting and sales skills. This role will be accountable for growing and maintain the sales staff forBostonand surrounding regions. The Recruiter is responsible for all aspects of the recruiting and new hire process, from recruiting candidates, interviewing, training, and ensuring all new hires go through the proper hiring process; additionally the Recruiter will be tasked with helping to develop our existing sales representatives to improve performance as well as professional skills.
This position reports to the Market Sales Manager.
- Work diligently to assure safety for all sales team members
- Sourcing different streams for identifying new employee candidates (job fairs, job boards, etc.)
- Interviewing and trainings new hires with the highest standard of integrity and quality in mind
- Ensuring all New Hires understand and sign all necessary documentation, and that the new hire documents are compliant with labor standards and laws, as well as company policy
- Work with the Sales Team Leaders to monitor, motivate, coach and train Sales Agent team members to ensure optimal performance
- Actively seek methods to improve sales capture, performance, products, processes, and training
- Lead by example in the field by Selling/Closing prospects for Green Mountain Energy® Pollution Free® Electricity and other products/services
- Work to retain and develop our existing roster of Sales Agent team members in order to increase both performance as well as decrease headcount churn
- Develop new training practices to further the professionalism and careers of employees.
- Establish effective reporting and communication with sales agents to ensure all are properly informed of management expectations, polices, procedures and programs
- Aid in ensuring that sales agents meet all quality standards and coordinate with Quality Assurance staff and QA initiatives to ensure accuracy of messaging and utilization of appropriate sales tactics
- Ensure sales teams have an adequate supply of all necessary equipment and sales/marketing materials
- Track inventory and prevents loss of field equipment
- Attend, be on time and participate at all required meetings.
- Assure compliance with approved commission and bonus plans
- Approve payroll, hours, expense reports, and high dollar invoices after verifying accuracy
- Work with various online systems and be proactive to find solutions to any IT issues to avoid business disruption
- Provide competitive and other field related feedback such as product and price comparisons
- Submit required reports with an emphasis on quality and accuracy and on time
- Work with stakeholders across departments to support sales efforts, including: HR, accounting, marketing, legal, public relations, peers in other markets, sales analysts, and others
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Experience:1-3 yearsof recruiting experience for employment, programs, or services. Face-to-face customer interaction, sales and/or energy-related experience preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Background with direct outside sales, training, and/or operations
- Knowledge or aptitude of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to learn and navigate software and online systems
- Strong internal and external service orientation
- Reliability, self-discipline and strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capacity for sound business judgments and decisions including seeking guidance where needed
- Strong leadership skills including leading by example
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including preparation and execution of effective training and speaking to a group
- Results oriented
- Fast-paced professional office and field environment
- Must be reachable and respond to voicemails and emails expeditiously
- Evenings and weekend work required from time to time
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
Nearest Major Market: Boston