Associate Director of Admissions
The Associate Director of Admission reports to the Executive Director of Admission and works closely with the senior leadership team on strategic enrollment initiatives. The Associate Director of Admission has responsibility for the implementation and assessment of the strategic student recruitment approach. In addition, the Associate Director has responsibility for coordinating students, faculty, staff and alumni to participate in recruitment and enrollment activities. This position directly supervises the assistant directors in Admission and Admission Counselors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
* Under supervision of the Executive Director of Admission, and utilizing available data, develop and assess territory assignments for admissions counselors; supervise admissions counselors to ensure timely and ongoing engagement and communication with prospective students at all stages in the funnel.
* Oversee the development of a strategic recruitment calendar to align with strategies set to increase new students in accordance with goals and objectives set by the director and other enrollment management leadership.
* Supervise recruitment travel, develop an assessment process for all recruitment visits, andensure accountability of admissions counselors relative to territory management.
* Develop and execute effective policies and procedures for utilization of the recruitment component of the Technolutions Slate admission CRM in support of the recruitment and admission goals; ensure that admissions counselors are utilizing the CRM properly to ensure effective data stewardship and communications relative to prospective students throughout the admissions funnel.
* Coordinate all recruitment materials and manage stock of recruitment collateral; make recommendations to the director regarding changes to or development of new recruiting materials.
* Travel on an annual basis in assigned territory, providing a high level of customer service through timely interactions with students, parents, high school counselors, and other constituents throughout the admission cycle, and adhering to all application review deadlines.
* Provide leadership and ensure the appropriate training, motivation, oversight and supervision of staff in their work of recruiting students, including facilitating continued professional development of all staff.
* Development and ongoing maintenance of a recruitment policies and procedures manual; ensure that counselors are familiar with the document and assess compliance on an ongoing basis.
* Review application files and supervise admissions counselor file review activities; under supervision of the director, develop, present and assess compliance with annual file review policies and procedures.
* Assist with managing recruitment budget and overall operations of the office.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
* Analytical Skills - The ability of the individual to gather raw data and to process that data into a meaningful form.
* Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Decision Making - Ability of the individual to select an effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures.
* Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
* Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
* Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
* Management Skills - ability of the individual to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals and priorities that deliver results.
* Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
* Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
* Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
* Team Builder - Ability to help ensure that team members are invested in team activities and decisions, and that the team works together to achieve a goal.
* Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years Admission experience required, 5-6 years of experience preferred. A strong understanding of a liberal arts education. Formal supervisory experience preferred.
Communication/Language: Ability to effectively communicate and/or present information to top
management, peers, and public groups.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Computer Skills: Experience using a complex admission CRM, preferably Technolutions Slate;
experience working with spreadsheets and shared calendar systems.
* Strong understanding of the admission cycle and contemporary practices in college student marketing and recruitment.
* Experience in data-driven planning, budgeting and staff supervision.
* Ability to work independently and with a team.
* Strong technical, operation, process and management skills.Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and maintain deadlines.
To apply, please visit: https://www.depauw.edu/offices/human-resources/employment/
DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.