Requisition ID: 66561
Ministry: PLC Senior Services
Location: PLC Sacred Heart Home
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46710-9410 United States (US)
Department: 40120670 Skilled NSG SHH
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) - Senior Services practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience the nursing process and leadership skills. Coordinates family involvement in the treatment, continuing care of the patient, and ensures completion of patient care tasks by appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends report, receives assignments, and provides nursing care as assigned; Consults with and keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs, and problems with regard to assigned patients.
- Receives and transcribes orders. Initiates and keeps care plans up-to-date.
- Provides direct patient care including: assisting CNAs when needed, answering call lights, checking charts, administering medications; performing treatments, repositioning patients, giving range of motion exercises, etc.; taking vital signs; changing dressings; inserting and checking catheters, measuring output; reinserting gastric tubes; irrigating colostomies; giving enemas; administering insulin; setting up oxygen and checking oxygen delivery; and checking bed rails and restraints, and assisting with feeding.
- Draws blood; inserts nasogastric tubes (including radiopague and stylet); hangs IV solutions; attaches IV piggy back solutions after training and competency testing.
- Observes patients for color and condition of skin, response to medications, treatments, diet, symptoms of infection or communicable diseases, unusual symptoms, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, and discharges, bleeding, etc. Observes patients psycho-social interaction.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Experience in a long term care or acute hospital setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current Indiana License and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Indiana Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Indiana Department of Public Health.