Requisition ID: 40366
Location: PLC Sacred Heart Home
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46710-9410 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Driver complies with the daily operations of the Patient Transportation Department. Picks up and returns patients for services at assigned facility in Presence Health owned and operated vehicles. Coordinates and performs the regularly scheduled maintenance of all motor pool vehicles to ensure the safety and security of all vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with Office Support staff the scheduling and routing of patients and families in need of transportation.
- Provides safe and prompt transportation for patients, families and Presence Health Associates to and from campus, as assigned by the Coordinator. Assists passengers both onto and off of the vehicle.
- Performs assignments as necessary to deliver/pick up items, supplies or equipment using hospital vehicles from vendors or other Presence Health sites.
- Reviews operational policies and procedures to ensure departmental compliance
- Evaluates the Patient Transportation Department equipment to recommend strategies and solutions for improvements in operation and efficiency.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of transportation supplies (gas, windshield solvent, oil, etc.). Completes projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Previous experience as a Patient Transport Driver preferred.
Knowledge of safe driving practices and regulatory requirements applicable to patient transportation are preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Indiana driver's license (Commercial Driving License with passenger endorsement if required by type of vehicle) required. Chauffer license required. CPR certification required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Activities SHH