Requisition ID: 65777
Ministry: PLC Senior Services
Location: PLC Sacred Heart Home
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46710-9410 United States (US)
Department: 40080340 Activities SHH
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Activity Assistant supports the Director of Activities and/or the Activities Coordinator to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards and as may be directed by the Executive Director to ensure that an on-going program of activities is delivered. Responds to the interests of the facility residents and enhances their physical, mental, social and psychological well-being and be presented in a manner which embodies the mission and core values of Presence Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the facility library providing materials suitable for the vision impaired.
- Aids with activities assessments for each new resident.
- Ensures department documentation is complete, accurate and timely.
- Helps in organizing the resident council(s) and report their issues to the management team.
- Evaluates current programs and initiates changes for improvements.
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams to improve services, solve problems, resolve resident issues, etc.
- Assists in development of annual budget for the department.
- Provides feedback to Director of Activities and/or Activities Coordinator to assure equipment and supplies needed are available and in good working order.
- Incorporates resident feedback into the activity calendar; and passes on comments from residents and others to assist in quality improvement efforts.
- Participates in the development and implementation of resident, family and community events including fund raising events and celebrations. Contributes in facility planning and program development relating the recreational needs of the residents.
- Conducts activities that include residents at all levels of care. Attends outings as appropriate and monitor residents. Provides assistance to residents during activities as needed.
- Supports in the development and maintenance of the activity calendar; plans and implements the schedule for resident outings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to operate Audio Visual equipment and carts.
- Prior experience in working with the elderly preferred.
- Six months to one year experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Indiana Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Indiana Department of Public Health.