Title: Transition Specialist Social Worker (SAMC / PRN)
City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL
Location: AMITA Health: Saint Alexius Medical Center
Department: Case Management 001
Additional Job Details: PRN,Weekends, 0 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Investigates, assesses and plans interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems.
- Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case activity.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Assists clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation within 12 months of hire.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
- Certified Case Manager credentialed from the American Case Management Association (ACMA).
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's degree in Social Work required
- Previous experience in an acute setting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.