Position: Speech Language Pathologist
Part-Time DAYS (20 hrs / week)
Hoffman Estates, IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Evaluates and treats patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Previous work experience in pediatric setting strongly preferred.
- At least two years of clinical experience strong preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.