Psychologist - Behavioral Hlth Hosp Admin 003 - Part-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Shift: 20 hours/week; between 3 to 5 days per week; Monday through Friday. Hours may occur between 8:00 am and 6:00pm
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
The Pediatric Health Psychologist (PHP) serves as a member of the integrated health care teams on the Inpatient Pediatric Unit, Pediatric ICU, and Outpatient Pediatric Specialty Care Clinics including Diabetes and Neurology. The position is primarily clinical in nature, but also incorporates administrative opportunities that affect program operations and development. The PHP provides clinical consultations in inpatient and outpatient settings, and provides CBT and Behaviorally based individual, family and group interventions. The PHP also serves as a member of the behavioral health training program and provides supervision and mentoring to psychology interns and doctoral students training in pediatric health psychology.
- Assesses a patient's psychological status and provides appropriate interventions and treatments.
- Collaborates with nursing and ancillary service to provide appropriate psychological therapy for patient. Refers patients to other disciplines for consult and evaluations as indicated.
- Provides psychological expertise and education to multidisciplinary team. Acts as resource to other disciplines.
- Communicates complex/sensitive information to patients and medical team.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests used for diagnosing mental and personality disorders and differentiating between organic and functional cases of behavior disorders.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- IL Licensure as a Clinical Psychologist required.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) required
- Graduate from an APA-accredited program
- Trained at an APA-accredited Clinical Internship site a Plus
- Prior training or work-experience in pediatric health psychology is a plus
- Prior experience supervising trainees is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.