Specialist-Program - Patient Education 001 - Part-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Shift: 20 hours/week; 8:00A-4:30pm
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Coordinates with school staff regarding clinical issues during patient's hospitalizations and works with school staff to help support the transition back to school after hospitalization. Develops relationships and business objectives to support program(s).
- Develops, provides and evaluates educational programs that will provide educational assistance and resources to patients.
- Serves as single point of contact for student services staff and administrators regarding clinical matters while patient is hospitalized.
- Supports the student's transition back to school.
- Communicates with school staff regarding patient progress in treatment and supports patient may benefit from upon their return to school.
- Provides education to patients and their families regarding appropriate school supports.
- Promotes the program and referral sources for targeted customers. Builds relationships within discipline to develop business.
- Collaborates in the development of marketing outreach activities and communication materials.
- Analyzes and recommends actions based on key program trends and milestones.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree in School Counseling, School Social Work, Community Counseling highly desired.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Master's Degree in School Counseling, School Social Work, Community Counseling with experience in the education field.
- Type 73 certification is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel around the West & NW Suburbs to various school locations, role will be 50% based in Hoffman Estates and 50% travel
- Must have a specific interest in working with the child and adolescent mental health population, their parents and school staff
- Previous experience with family therapy, writing psychosocial assessments, adolescent and child psychotherapy and psychopathology preferred.
- Must have efficient clinical skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous Behavioral Health Hospital and/or school experience preferred
- Role does have a strong business/marketing component
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.