Specialist-Program - Patient Education 001 - Part-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Shift: 20 hours/week; 8:00A-4:30pm
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Coordinates with school staff regarding clinical issues during patient's hospitalizations and works with school staff to help support the transition back to school after hospitalization. Will also help support business development efforts and be a representative for hospital programming in the community.
- Serves as single point of contact for external student services staff and administrators regarding clinical matters while patient is hospitalized.
- Supports the patient's transition back to school via reentry meetings
- Meets with patients prior to reentry meeting to prepare for the return to school
- Provides updates prior to meetings and as needed to schools regarding clinical progress while patient is hospitalized
- Discusses supports that may be appropriate for patients upon their return to school
- Provides education to patients and their families regarding appropriate school supports.
- Coordinates with school staff and families on matters related to 504 Plans and IEPs
- Provides support to the treatment team regarding education matters while the patient is in treatment
- Electronically documents all contact with parents, patients, and school staff.
- Collaborates with business development staff in marketing efforts and outreach to school staff.
- Must be willing to travel to schools for meetings.
- Must have a specific interest in working with the child and adolescent mental health population, their parents and school staff
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree in School Counseling, School Social Work, Community Counseling highly needed.
- Type 73 and/or clinical licensure preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Previous Behavioral Health Hospital and/or school experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with 504 plans and IEPs preferred
- Must have efficient clinical skills, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Flexibility with scheduling and ability to work additional hours during high volume times strongly preferred
- Role does have a business/marketing component
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.