Technologist-Nuclear Medicine - Nuclear Medicine 001 - PRN,Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty accepted for Radiologic Technologist issued by ARRT. Radiology Tech licensure issued by the IL Emergency Mgmt Agency required in combination with Radiologic Tech registration through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Graduate of Nuclear Medicine program, IEMA license, ARRT or NMTCB certified. 1-2 years experience preffered, new graduates may apply for consideration.
- PRN as needed, coverage for on call on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.