City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL
Location: AMITA Health SAMC
Department: Lab Phlebotomy Anc 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Manages the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Associate Degree
- Associate degree from an accredited institution in medical laboratory technology or pulmonary function and two years laboratory or blood gas analysis training or experience or both in high complexity testing. Bachelor, master, or doctoral degree from an accredited institution in clinical laboratory science, medical technology, or chemical, physical or biological science and one year training and experience in high complexity testing preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.