Title: Dir-Nursing I
City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL
Location: AMITA Health SAMC
Department: Labor and Delivery 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
Leads and directs services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area.
AMITA Health St. Alexius, which includes AMITA Health Alexian Brothers Women & Children's Hospital Hoffman Estates, received the designation from Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., the U.S. accrediting authority responsible for the implementation of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI). AMITA Health St. Alexius is one of only eight Chicago-area hospitals and 20 Illinois hospitals that have earned this designation.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree required Graduate degree preferred Master's degree in nursing, business or healthcare preferred
- Two years of experience in a hospital operations/leadership role required.
- L&D experience strongly preferred; Experience working in a Level III or University setting a plus!
How To Apply
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.