Asst-Health Info Mgmt - Mother Baby Unit 001 - PRN,Rotating - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Performs clerical and/or technical duties associated with medical records processes and procedures.
- Receives, analyzes, processes and files health information for completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Audits accuracy of electronic and manual entry, and facilitates resolution of any discrepancies.
- Maintains smooth operational flow by assisting with general clerical duties.
- Processes requests for release of information according to regulatory requirements.
- Notifies physicians and appropriate parties of requests when applicable.
- Performs clerical /technical duties associated coding processes and procedures.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Computer Skills preferred
- Four shifts per pay period, 1 shift has to be a weekend
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.