Therapist-Art - Behavioral Hlth Hosp Admin 002 - PRN,Day - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Shift: ****as needed position for staff coverage or times of high census; varying shifts Monday-Friday 8:30AM -4:30PM; Sometimes 4:00PM-9:00PM; Saturday 9:30AM-5:00PM
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Develops and implements art therapy treatment plans.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes art therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of art therapy interventions.
- Coordinates therapeutic art activities for both large and small groups. Observes patient response and encourages socialization.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic art activities in the community.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered or Board Certified Art Therapist
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Bachelor's degree in Art Therapy Required
- Master's degree in Expressive Therapy categories highly preferred(either concentration will be considered: art, dance, drama, music)
- Masters in Expressive Therapy with 1 year of psychiatric experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.