APRN-Clinical Nurse Spec-Acute - Nurse Education 001 - Part-Time, Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Hours: 32 hours per week
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides advanced care, consultation, research, management and education in a specific clinical area.
- Provides advanced direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Serves as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development. Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Manages clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- May assess the learning needs of patients and families and develops and/or implements teaching programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required and Master's degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of acute care Peds / PICU experience strongly preferred.
- Previous education experience highly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.