Requisition ID: 61209
Location: NSPG Sheridan
1625 Sheridan Rd Suite 1F, Wilmette, IL 60091 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Medical Assistant provides both clinical and administrative support to a physician network. Collects and maintains patient assessment data and medical record documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts a history of the patient's condition based on interview and performs relevant aspects of a physical assessment including vital signs, pain scale, height, weight, menstrual status, Tetanus status etc. Documents per protocol on the Medical Record. Demonstrates age-specific knowledge and skills for patients served.
- Performs diagnostic testing including but not limited to point of care tests, peak flows, oxygen saturation, audiograms, 12-lead EKG, spirometry, drug and alcohol testing, Vision and Titmus testing and obtains and maintains any required certifications for performing such tests.
- Assists the physician in performing procedures by preparing the required instruments and equipment, assisting during surgical procedures and acting as an attendant during examinations. Assists in explaining the procedures to the patient.
- Maintains cleanliness and general appearance of exam rooms and ensures that required supplies are in examining rooms when needed by physician. Prepares and inventories instruments for transfer and sterilization. Helps maintain clinical equipment and reports malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Assists with administrative duties such as answer the phone, scheduling appointments, faxing or e-mailing information to clients, getting referrals on managed care and occupational medicine patients, maintaining current information on patients and clients, recording information on logs, generating reports, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or a nursing degree from a foreign country.
- Minimum of one year working as a Medical Assistant in a physician office; prefer two to three years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a physician office.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current CPR certification required.
Business Unit: Presence Medical Group N/T
Department Name: RMG SSPG Internal Med Sheridan