Requisition ID: 42784
Location: NSPG Sheridan
1625 Sheridan Rd Suite 1F, Wilmette, IL 60091 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Certified Medical Assistant, Internal Medicine Sheridan, Presence Medical Group
This position is located at 1625 Sheridan Road, Wilmette, IL 60091
Certified Medical Assistant provides both clinical and administrative support to Presence Health Physician Network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts a history of the patient's condition based on interview and performs relevant aspects of a physical assessment, including vital signs, pain scale, height, weight, menstrual status, tetanus status, etc.
- Performs diagnostic testing, including but not limited to point of care tests, peak flows, oxygen saturation, audiograms, 12-lead EKG, spirometry, drug and alcohol testing, and vision testing.
- Performs throat swabbing, ear lavaging, phlebotomy, application of splints and posterior molds, and PPD placement and reading.
- Administers medications orally, topically and by injection according to standard medication administration principles including proper dosages, routes, and contraindications.
- Assists the physician in performing procedures by preparing the required instruments and equipment, assisting during surgical procedures and acting as an attendant during examinations.
- Maintains cleanliness and general appearance of exam rooms and ensures that required supplies are in examining rooms when needed by physician.
- Prepares and inventories instruments for transfer and sterilization.
- Helps maintain clinical equipment and reports malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Performs equipment sterilization at site or prepares equipment for transfer to another facility for sterilization.
- Documents services, procedures, and tests per protocol on the medical record and relays to the physician.
- Obtains and maintains any required certifications for performing any procedures and tests and maintains knowledge of proper medication administration including side effects and contraindications.
- Assists with administrative duties such as answering the phone, scheduling appointments, faxing or e-mailing information to clients, getting referrals on managed care and occupational medicine patients, maintaining current information on patients and clients, recording information on logs, generating reports, etc.
- Receives, organizes, and maintains secure storage of medicine samples provided by pharmaceutical representatives.
- Checks sample medications for expiration dates and maintain dispensing records.
- Identifies, orders and stocks clinical supplies with supervisor's approval.
High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree is preferred. Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program is required. One to three years of patient care or medical assistance experience preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is needed.
Certification as a Medical Assistant is required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire date. Current CPR certification is required or must be completed within the 90-day probationary period.
Business Unit: Presence Medical Group N/T
Department Name: RMG SSPG Internal Med Sheridan